From: Carl Waldbieser (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-28 23:23:44

Ah! I had thought it was just a "header file only" library. Whoops. That
did fix the first problem. I tried switching to STLPort, and this time I
copied the errors from the compiler. I guess that answers my question
whether it was an STL specific problem. There is really no reason I have to
use advance(), but I believe a model of Input Iterator should work with it.

Carl Waldbieser

Error follows:

C:\Documents and Settings\waldbcar.WALDBCAR\My Documents\My
Projects\VC\stlport\STLport-4.5.3\stlport\stl/_iterator_base.h(443) :
error C2664:
'struct _STL::random_access_iterator_tag __cdecl
_STL::iterator_category(const struct _STL::_Bit_iterator_base &)' :
cannot convert parameter 1 from
'class boost::date_time::date_itr<class
boost::date_time::month_functor<class boost::gregorian::date>,class
boost::gregorian::date>'
'const struct _STL::_Bit_iterator_base &'

Reason: cannot convert from
'class boost::date_time::date_itr<class
boost::date_time::month_functor<class boost::gregorian::date>,class
boost::gregorian::date>'
'const struct _STL::_Bit_iterator_base'

No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload
resolution was ambiguous

C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\WALDBCAR.WALDBCAR\MY DOCUMENTS\MY
PROJECTS\VC\date_test\date_test.cpp(11) : see reference to function
template instantiation
'void __cdecl _STL::advance(class boost::date_time::date_itr<class
boost::date_time::month_functor<class boost::gregorian::date>,class
boost::gregorian::date> &,int)'
being compiled

> This isn't the way to handle this. You will need to build and link the
> library (libboost_date_time). If you cd to libs/date_time/build and
> run bjam that will take care of it.
>
> > then the compiler started complaining when I tried to use std::advance.
It