From: adutoit (adutoit_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-03 03:09:57

Hi.

Is there a quick way to determine whether one's operating system supports the nanosecond precision clock?

Also; I realise that BOOST_DATE_TIME_HAS_NANOSECONDS needs to be defined to use nanosec() method. But; should I be able (if my operating system supports it) to define support for nanosecond time resolution at installation time? I.e. would it suffice to use a bjam commandline parameter defining nanosecond support when building the Boost date_time libraries?

Also; how do I configure nanosecond support for subsequent compilation of programs which use Boost and require nanosecond posix_time resolution?

Greetings,
Andre.