From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-06 11:52:46

rmarsdena_at_[hidden] writes:

> Hi Dave,
>
>> If you want to do this, you should invoke "jam" and not
>> "bjam", though.
>
> I'm now using bjam.

Have you given up on "Main"? Otherwise, you will be frustrated
forever.

> I have both in my path. As you may have seen elsewhere in this list,
> I was querying the relationship between jam and bjam.

jam is the same executable as bjam, but based on its name it tries to
preserve backward-compatible Perforce Jam behavior. bjam executes a
different part of the Jambase, so it has different built-in rules and
behaviors.

> I now have the problem with not being able to spawn actions. I think it's
> something to do with spaces in paths, but time is running short.

You should post your questions to the jamboost list; you'll get better
help there. See http://www.boost.org/more/mailing_lists.htm#jamboost

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting