From: db10www (hugh.pendry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-12 08:54:21

I have created a mutex class which is a model of the mutex concept.

I also have lock classes for this mutex which models the lock
concept (e.g. called CMyLock).

(The reason for this is to implement a read/write mutex and
associated read and write locks)

According to the boost documentation I should be able to use this
lock with the boost::condition but I get a compile time error:-

'm_mutex' : is not a member of 'CMyLock'

This is due to the condition::wait method defined in condition.hpp
making a reference to lock.m_mutex

Surely boost::condition only needs a lock object to be an instance
of a class which is a model of lock.

The lock concept makes no reference to a member variable called
m_mutex.

Is this a bug of boost::condition or am I doing something wrong.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.