From: Jim.Hyslop (jim.hyslop_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-18 14:14:40

Amit Bhatia wrote:
> I have just downloaded boost 1.3.0 a couple of days ago.
Welcome!

> While going
> through the documentation I read that it is not necessary to build
> the library, completely.
[...]
> I have this doubt that is it equally good practice to just
> include the
> .hpp files rather than building the whole libary.

For most of the Boost library items, the header *IS* the entire library
(that's the power of templates for you :-) The exceptions are the Python,
Regex, Signal and Thread libraries - those you need to build. More details
are at http://www.boost.org/tools/build/index.html

> Also was just wondering if there are seperate disc groups
> for each set of
> libaries like numerics/math in one place ?

There are separate lists for Python and the Boost.build system (details at
http://www.boost.org/more/mailing_lists.htm). Other than that, everything
goes through here.

--
Jim