From: Rene Rivera (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-30 16:33:34

In article <000401c33f2d$b95c0680$50dd2da0_at_r8p1s9>,
 "Karsten Weinert" <k.weinert_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi,
> there are two questions about bjam I tried to answer, but failed:
>
> * which files are read by bjam in which order

1. boost-build.jam
2. bootstrap.jam, and the rest of the build system.
3. Jamrules
4. Jamfile(s)
5. Jamfile(s)
6. *-tools.jam

See: http://www.boost.org/tools/build/jam_src/index.html#jambase_replacement
for some more details.

I included Jamfile(s) twice, because they are loaded twice. Once for the
delcaration of targets, second for the instanciation of the targets.

The tools are read on a per-target basis.

> * where can I declare the standard include path

In the requirements on the target with <sysinclude> (or <include>). See:
http://www.boost.org/tools/build/build_system.htm#main_targets and
http://www.boost.org/tools/build/build_system.htm#feature_description for more
on that subject.

> Would be nice if someone could help me here,

Does the above qualify as help? ;-)

--
-- grafik
-- Don't Assume Anything