From: Rene Rivera (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-01 10:27:49

In article <001401c33fb4$65d61d20$50dd2da0_at_r8p1s9>,
 "Karsten Weinert" <k.weinert_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi,
> still trying to set up bjam, I am stumbling on the following problem:
>
> I want to use jamfile.jam instead of jamfile (because my editor uses
> extensions to define actions on files). But when I run bjam on it, with
>
> bjam -f jamfile.jam -sTOOLS=mingw
>
> it complains about an unknown rule exe. What can I do? Here is the
> jamfile.jam:
>
> exe hello : hello.cpp
> : <include>c:$(SLASH)dev-cpp$(SLASH)include$(SLASH)c++
>
> <include>c:$(SLASH)dev-cpp$(SLASH)include$(SLASH)c++$(SLASH)mingw32
>
> <include>c:$(SLASH)dev-cpp$(SLASH)include$(SLASH)c++$(SLASH)backward
> ;

bjam -sJAMFILE=jamfile.jam -sTOOLS=mingw

The "-f" is used if you want to replace the builtin Jambase with your own.
Which for users should never be the case. As a developer I use for testing new
Jambase-s without having to recompile bjam.

> Furthermore, can you please advise me how to simplify this jamfile? In my
> opinion, the include-statements belong to mingw-tools.jam, but how can I
> specify several include directories there?

You should not need to specify the MinGW includes dirs as they are already
added by mingw-tools.jam, and gcc adds its own set of version dependant
includes. Did you read this:

    http://www.boost.org/tools/build/mingw-tools.html

It look like your mingw is installed at C:\dev-cpp, so you could try this:

bjam -sJAMFILE=jamfile.jam -sTOOLS=mingw -sMINGW_ROOT_DIRECTORY=C:\dev-cpp

And the jamfile would be:

exe hello : hello.cpp ;

--
-- grafik