From: Russell Hind (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-08 08:36:33

Jeff Garland wrote:

> No, this was brought up recently on the developer list. Take
> a look at this message from the archive:
>
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/1686681

Thanks Jeff. Have you any plans to address this in a future release
(and if so, which way will you go?)

Your suggested method would output the string as

2003-07-08 ....

But I quite like having the 3 letter month name in there. Living in the
UK, theres always confustion as to whether the day was before the month
or not. I know that when the year comes first, the month comes second
but having the month spelled out just removes any chance of this.

For now, I'll implement my own time_from_string method that handles the
month as 3 characters.

Cheers

Russell