From: Ken Alverson (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-10 09:43:16

"Russell Hind" <yg-boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> Could you do what regex has done, and build another version of the
> thread dll (which uses the dynamic RTL) and use #praga link statements
> in your code to decide which .lib to link against for the dll?

I'm linking against the correct (static multithreaded) library, the potential
problem is that there are two of them (albeit two of the same one). One in
the thread dll, one in the exe.

> I'm unsure how this would behave. I have built the thread library as a
> lib for now (inspite of the problems when doing this).

Is there a discussion somewhere on how to do this and what problems
(specifically) it can cause? I did a few searches and found lots of talk on
why it isn't done, but not specifically what happens if you defy it.

Ken