From: Ken Alverson (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-10 12:16:29

"Russell Hind" <yg-boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> I understand that, what I'm suggesting is that you can tell if your app
> is using the dynamic RTL and therefore link against a different version
> of the thread library that also links against the dynamic rtl.

That would be the preferred solution, if I could assume the presence of the
runtime library. However the goal was to eliminate that dependency, since
some of the computers it will be running on do not have the dynamic runtime
installed.

I may end up reverting to that approach and forcing an install of the runtime
if it isn't already there. However, I was hoping to avoid that.

Ken