From: lformaggia (luca.formaggia_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-11 03:38:02

Hi,

I am a new user of boost and I am interest in the multi-array library.
However it is not clear to me which are the advantages versus the
std::valarray and std::slice classes. There are quite a few numeric
functions provided by C++ that work on valarrays (the pow() for
example), is there any equivalent for multi-arrays )it would be very
nice to have a norm() function at least for two-dimensional arrays!)
or you have to write your own.

Sorry if this question may seem trivial, yet I have to choose which
basic multiarray classes to implemet for my code (it is numerical code
based on the finite element method) and so far my choice is between
multi-array or valarray + slice. Maybe somebody of you have some
experience on this matter and my help in taking an appropriate decision.

Thank you

Luca