From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-16 05:27:48

hlh771 wrote:
> hello,everybody
> I want to test smart pointer library,but got some compile failure:
>
> vc-
> C++ ..\..\..\libs\smart_ptr\test\bin\shared_ptr_alloc_test.test\msvc\d
> ebug\runtime-link-dynamic\shared_ptr_alloc_test.obj
> shared_ptr_alloc_test.cpp
> M:\develop\boost_1_30_0\boost/detail/quick_allocator.hpp(165) : fatal
> error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR
> (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1794)
> Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual
> C++
> Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more
> information

[...]

> my test command is:bjam -sTOOLS=msvc test
> my compiler is vc6+sp5
> It's seems like the compiler's error,but because the test's failure,
> I'm not sure it will work correctly if use it in my app.
> Thanks in advance.

shared_ptr_alloc_test is a performance test. It compares the relative speed
of the optional "quick_allocator" that is enabled when you #define
BOOST_SP_USE_QUICK_ALLOCATOR. Quick_allocator does not compile on MSVC 6
(and some other compilers) but this doesn't matter unless you explicitly
request it to be used via the #define.

The smart pointers library works correctly on MSVC 6.

I am not sure why shared_ptr_alloc_test is being run at all, it is supposed
to be run only when named:

bjam -sTOOLS=msvc shared_ptr_alloc_test

I'll CC: the developer list, maybe we should fix the Jamfile.