From: Rodolfo Lima (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-23 18:42:05

I see that several boost libraries can be compiled as dll files. I'd like to
know if there's any concern about binary compatilibity between different
versions of those dll's as boost's version number (and possibly the library
itself) changes. For instance, whenever MFC's dll binary interface changes,
we have another library version written in it's name (MFC42.dll, MFC70.dll,
MFC71.dll...), this way we can help avoiding "dll hell". It would be also
cool to link a version resource in each dll. This way, installers would
check if a newer dll exists in the system, avoiding overwriting with an
older one.

And one last thing... the import library of date_time's dll isn't being
generated, making it unusable. It's better to delete the dll target of its
jamfile.

If any help of my part is needed, I'd be glad to help.

regards,
rod