From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-24 09:54:42

> Development environment is .NET 2003 (i.e., VC7.1).
>
> I'm reasonably sure there were no errors when I built boost_1_30_0.
>
> \boost_1_30_0\libs\date_time\build\bin\boost_date_time.dll certainly exists
> - but it's a directory that contains a subdirectory (.
> \vc7\debug\runtime-link-dynamic) that contains a .CMD, .pdb and two .obj
> files. As the old saying goes: "I can see fine - I just don't understand
> what I'm looking at."
>
> I'm clearly having a "senior moment" but honestly: I searched boost.org,
> google.com and [even] altavista.com/web/adv.
>
> Any pointers to get me back on the right track would be appreciated.

Couple of thoughts here:
1) Look for the static lib instead. This is the one I'm sure works. And
anyway, there is hardly anything in the library anyway so there really isn't
an much advantage to a dll.
2) Try doing the library build again, but at the date-time level only.
Change down to libs/date_time/build and run bjam. This might give you some
hints about what actually built.

Jeff