From: co_tangens (bart.tanghe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-28 02:14:21

--- In Boost-Users_at_[hidden], "co_tangens" <bart.tanghe_at_s...>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the datetime library of boost 1_30_0 with VC7.1 with
> precompiled headers on. We're getting the following link
> warnings/errors:
>
> om.lib(bg_extra.obj) : warning LNK4006:
> ___@@_PchSym__at_00@UwvevolknvmgUtnkEPozhgUhlfixvUytPzwwOlyq@ already
> defined in om.lib(bg_init.obj); second definition ignored
>

> om.lib(bg_extra.obj) : error LNK2005:
> ___@@_PchSym__at_00@UwvevolknvmgUtnkEPozhgUhlfixvUytPzwwOlyq@ already
> defined in om.lib(bg_init.obj)
>
> We include boost headers in our own header files. Our own
headerfiles
> are then used to create a precompiled header. It seems that all
> object files that use the precompiled header get these link
errors...

> Does anyone know the reason/ a solution for this error?
>
> Thanks a lot!

Sorry guys,

it had nothing to do with boost after all. At the same time of
introducing boost something else was added as well causing the
problem: a method was dllexported while being implemented in the
header as well .... Looks like pch can't handle this...

Bart