From: Richard Howells (Richard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-01 03:18:14

Mark,

You may be in good company here. There is a strong myth, that has been
running for years, that a Win32 critical section is a way of obtaining
*exclusive* use of the CPU. It's just plain wrong, but there are a
surprising number of folks who believe it. From that thought, on a
uniprocessor, everything else *would* stop when a thread entered a critical
section.

In a previous life you were likely unlucky enough to get exposed to someone
who told you this.

Best - Richard