From: Allyson Williams (allyson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-07 11:04:29

Thanks for the information.

I managed to make the library once I stopped using bjam and simply ran the
commands myself one at a time. Not really sure why!

cxx -D__USE_STD_IOSTREAM -DNDEBUG -I../../../ -c exception.cpp
cxx -D__USE_STD_IOSTREAM -DNDEBUG -I../../../ -c operations_posix_windows.cpp
cxx -D__USE_STD_IOSTREAM -DNDEBUG -I../../../ -c path_posix_windows.cpp
cxx -D__USE_STD_IOSTREAM -DNDEBUG -I../../../ -c convenience.cpp
ar -rs libboost_filesystem.a *.o cxx_repository/*.o

And when I compiled my own program using that library afterwards it runs
just fine. Not sure why it had such a problem when running through bjam...

I had actually had success building the library under my linux machine, but
was trying to reproduce that success on our alpha servers -- it's
definitely much more difficult getting it to work there! But I got it in
the end (with help!)

Thanks alot,
Allyson

Beman Dawes wrote:
> At 08:19 AM 8/7/2003, allysonlurena wrote:
>
> >I have been trying to build the filesystem library for one of our
> >alpha servers running tru64 unix.
> >
> >I have managed to compile bjam using the tru64cxx toolset. Then, I
> >went into the filesystem build directory and ran the following, but it
> >has been hanging for over 30 minutes now on the last command you see
> >below. Can anyone help? It could just be our machines, but I am at a
> >loss. Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated!
>
> Looks like it is completing the debug build, but then having trouble on the
> release build.
>
> You might try it again giving -d2 as a bjam command line option. That will
> cause the commands being executed to be displayed, and you can look at them
> to see if you spot any incorrect arguments or the like.
>
> Also, before I even tried to build the libraries directly, I'd run the
> regression tests (Jamfile in boost-root/libs/filesystem/test) first. That
> uses a debug build. It the regression tests pass, that serves as an
> important confidence test in looking at other problems; you will know the
> basic setups are in pretty good shape and that you are dealing with some
> kind of probably minor config or compiler problem.
>
> HTH,
>
> --Beman
>

> *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
> <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3656190.4921519.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705006788:HM/A=1595055/R=0/SIG=124dqs3gk/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenattogyo?YH=3656190&yhad=1595055>
>

> Info: <http://www.boost.org>
> Wiki: <http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl>
> Unsubscribe: <mailto:boost-users-unsubscribe_at_[hidden]>

> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

Allyson Williams                              mailto:allyson_at_[hidden]
EBI - EMBL http://www.ebi.ac.uk/              Tel:  +44 (0)1223 494676