From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-08 08:03:33

At 10:29 PM 8/5/2003, Joel de Guzman wrote:
>yxh <yg-boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am using boost::bind from boost 1.30.0. When I type "boost::bind(",
the
>> VS.NET 20003 IDE stopped responding. What is wrong?
>> #include <boost/bind.hpp>
>>
>> int main(void)
>> {
>> boost::bind( // IDE dies here
>> }
>
>I think the question should be: What is wrong with VS.NET 2003?
>This is definitely not a boost bind problem. I think you should report
>the problem to MS.

Yes, please report it.

Reporting VC++ 7.1 bugs to microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc seems to be
quite effective. I've been using Google Groups to do the posting, with good
results. Lots of Microsoft folks and MVP's follow that newsgroup, and they
are very familiar with Boost. You don't have to explain what boost::bind is
or where they can get a copy.

--Beman