From: Jason Winnebeck (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-11 21:38:40

Edward Diener wrote:
> Your only problem is if you distribute your particular subset of Boost with
> your product and your end user is also using another release of Boost within
> their product. Then they must take care to partition the functionality which
> you provide with Boost in separate source files from the functionality which
> the rest of their modules use with a different version of Boost. This
> shouldn't be too hard for source files, since it is normally very easy to
> divide class member function definitions in separate source files.

I really hope this doesn't become an issue. My library is open-source,
so I strongly encourage people to recompile the library. If they have
the full, real Boost, then I would say to completely delete my
mini-Boost. It's only there so people don't have to download a 10 meg
huge library, try for an hour to figure out how to compile it then
realize they don't need to compile it (I did that!), all for a
small-time open-source lib at 300k ;).

Jason