From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-18 07:45:10

"codeazure" <jeffg_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I have tried 2 techniques so far, but both result in core dumps.
> 1. Compile Python against uClibc and force linking with libboost_python.so
> 2. Compile Pyhton against uClibc only. Build Boost application by
> linking against libboost_python.a so no external library is needed.
>
> It may be that the 2 libraries are simply not compatible at this stage.

AFAIK, Boost.Python is not dependent on *any* details of the 'C'
library underlying the system, so I can't imagine what kind of
compatibility problem there might be. However, if uClibc has its own
headers, and you have not built Python or Boost.Python against those
headers (e.g. they've been using glibc headers instead), I can see how
it would cause a major problem.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting