From: Gennadiy E. Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-28 21:36:01

--- In Boost-Users_at_[hidden], "Anders Moe" <yg-boost-
users_at_m...> wrote:
> Hi all. The boost unit test framework seems to lack the xUnit
> buildUp/tearDown (whatever) methods meant to faciliate the creation
of
> fixtures. Does that mean there is an alternative idiom to achieve
the same
> effect ? Constructing new class-test-cases for each test seems a bit
> overkill.
>
> Regards,
>
> Anders.

No. At the moment there is no explicit notion of buildUp and TearDown
methods. In in my list of things to consider. I am not sure we really
need that. Could you provide an example of what and when should be
done inside these function. If you just need a place to initialize
set of test cases that share some data, you could at the moment use
user test class based test cases. You create and initialize single
instanse of test class and test cases are methods of that class. The
instance will be shared and destroyed when testing is done.

HTH,

Gennadiy.