From: HartmutKaiser_at_[hidden]
Date: 2003-08-29 15:30:06

Larry wrote:

> From boost-1.30.2 I built the list_parser.cpp example using
> MSVC++7.1.
> In the CSV list I added ",,2" to the end of the line to be
> parsed.

Could you please be more specific, where did you added the ",,2" ?

> The
> program ran but the neither of the added elements were included in the
> output vector. Having used the tokenizer before I know it will
> generally gobble up adjacent delimiters without any output.
> You can get
> the empty token if you ask for the delimiters as well and then just
> discard the delimiters (sort of). But I was surprised that
> the 2 didn't
> make it to the output vector. I expected the empty list entry
> would not
> make the output vector. I tried adding ~anychar_p to the rule
> but that
> didn't help. If I change the input list to add ",\"\",2" I
> get "" and 2
> in the output vector. Applications like spreadsheets do not
> put missing
> column values for numeric columns as "" items generally. Maybe I am
> missing something because it certainly isn't the behavior I
> would expect
> (either from the parser or the tokenizer).

Please post a small (minimal) sample, which exposes the behaviour in
question. This helps us to spot the problem.

Regards
Hartmut

BTW: Spirit has its own mailing list:

Spirit-general_at_[hidden]

Please post further questions there. Thanks.