From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-08 18:47:39

Markus Werle wrote:
> Before I start the tedious task of a reconfigure:
> Anyone with experience on how to handle that compiler?
> I need the -AA option, so the compiler gets really picky
> about _everything_:
>

> Warning (anachronism) 823:
> "/opt/FREE-SOFTWARE/boost-1.30.0/boost/mpl/if.hpp", line 172 # Redundant
> preprocessing concatenation operation results in two valid preprocessing
> tokens. Depending on this implementation defined behavior will result in
> non-portable code.
> BOOST_MPL_AUX_VOID_SPEC(3, if_)
>
> Any help appreciated.

BOOST_MPL_AUX_VOID_SPEC can expand into a few different things, depending on
the compiler's conformance, so, without known much about the compiler, it's
hard to say what in particular causes the diagnostics. In other words, it
needs some debugging :). If you are interested in tracking it down, I would
suggest you to dig into "boost/mpl/aux_/void_spec.hpp" and do a
binary-search commenting out of the BOOST_MPL_AUX_VOID_SPEC parts to find
the offending one.

HTH,
Aleksey