From: Samuel Krempp (krempp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-03 13:24:49

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 18:30, Alan Stewart wrote:
> However, in attempting to compile with gcc 2.96 I'm finding that there
> are many substitutions that need to be made, such as replacing
> "char_traits" with "basic_string".
>
> I'm using Boost 1.30.0 in production, but have also tried 1.30.2 with
> the same results.

I began writing specific workarounds only after 1.30.2 was released. try
the CVS, it has the gcc-2.95.x workarounds, let me know if anything goes
wrong. (note the test format_test3 fail with gcc-2.95, due to the
absence of a few stream manipulators. nothing important at all)

> I see that the format library headers include the header file
> "boost/config.hpp". Is it likely that I have some sort of configuration
> error?

no, it's just gcc-2.95.x 's stdlib is very different from the standard,
regarding streams. and so I hadn't done anything for it until recently.
(though, boost::format was compatible with gcc-2.95 with STLport since
1.30)

try the "regression tests" links on http://www.boost.org/

--
Samuel