From: Kresimir Fresl (fresl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-15 11:51:23

sashan wrote:

> I was looking for a way to solve a linear system using ublas and came
> upon this thread
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/1632
>
> So does this mean I have to decompose my matrix? Can I do it using ublas?

Well ... yes and no ;o)

ublas is BLAS (i.e. Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines) written in C++,
so it provides (only) elementary vector and matrix operation (scaling,
addition, matrix/vector and matrix/matrix multiplication etc.).

But we are developing `bindings' library which provides interfaces
to some Fortran and C numeric libraries, e.g. ATLAS and LAPACK,
so that they can be used with ublas matrices and vectors.

Current version of `bindings' library (not complete, but IMHO
useable) can be found in the boost sandbox

    http://tinyurl.com/r1ch

with documentation and examples in

    http://tinyurl.com/r1cv

You can also download complete zip archive from the files section
of the ublas-dev mailing list