From: David Ohlemacher (ohlemacher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-16 10:58:17

Hi All,

I have a newbie Boost user question.

I need to store a large graph and then repeatedly break it up into
sub-graphs based on an algorithm. I also need to store properties about
each vertex (name) and edge (how many times the edge was traversed in
each direction, hence a directed graph).

Currently, I am creating a directed graph to store the full data set
using custom and built-in internal property maps to store the data.
In addition, I created a undirected graph to store subgraphs. It too
has internal property maps using vertex_index_t and edge_index_t, but
they will simply reference vertexes and edges in the first (full)
graph. Since there will be many of these sub-graphs, I didn't think it
was a good idea to be copying data over and over.

Anyone have any suggestions or see anything wrong with this approach?

Thanks,
-d