From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-20 10:51:21

Hi Stephan,

The answer to your question is in FAQ entry 2.

http://www.boost.org/libs/graph/doc/faq.html

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Stephan [iso-8859-1] Höfer wrote:
stepha> Hello,
stepha>
stepha> I build a visitor for an undirected graph which finds the cut-vertices
stepha> of a given undireted graph or subgraph. I haven't found an
stepha> implementation of the algorithm in the bgl.
stepha> Maybe it would have been possible to use the predecessor_recorder for
stepha> that. But then all the information which can be found directly while
stepha> doing the df-search we have to find after having performed that search
stepha> first.
stepha>
stepha> The interface of the undirected_dfs function doesn't take visitors via
stepha> reference, so it wasn't possible to use that function. I had to call the
stepha>
stepha> detail::undir_dfv_impl function instead because that function takes a
stepha> visitor reference and I had to recreate a function with the behaviour of
stepha>
stepha> the undirected_dfs.
stepha> What reasons lead to the decision to disable passing a visitor by
stepha> reference directly to undirected_dfs?
stepha> What reasons lead to the decision to pass a const graph to a visitor
stepha> function? Some useful things are disabled by that (but maybe also some
stepha> bad things).
stepha>
stepha> Cheers,
stepha> Stephan
stepha>
stepha>
stepha>
stepha> Boost-users mailing list
stepha> Boost-users_at_[hidden]
stepha> http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-users
stepha>

 Jeremy Siek http://php.indiana.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Student, Indiana Univ. B'ton email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org) office phone: (812) 855-3608