From: David A. Greene (greened_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-25 07:33:07

Hi,

I've been attempting to use the interval library on a
MIPS/IRIX machine without luck. The problem is that
there is no native rounding support and we don't have
a C99 environment. I'm getting "Please specify rounding
control mechanism" errors from the preprocessor.

The thing is, I don't need a rounding mode. I simply
want to use intervals of type int. I could understand
the error if I was trying to use floating-point intervals
but shouldn't I be able to specify intervals that don't
require rounding? Or even specify intervals with a policy
that ignores rounding?

Has anyone run into this problem before? Is there a
workaround?

                              -Dave