From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmutkaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-27 13:08:05

GIE wrote:

> What is "proper way" of implementing result value of parser,
> have i implement new parser or can (and how?) i use grammar
> construct with user defined result value that can be passed
> to attached action (for ex. matched GUID returning)?

Grammars may have return values! By convention the first member of a closure
associated with the grammar is used as its return value. See the docs for
details.

> What is performance penalty for using vectors (they need
> realloc, don't
> they) in ast trees?

Not known so far. Try it out and report it to the list. I'm sure this would
be interesting to know for many of us.

> And is there anyway to store scanner defined result in tree,
> besides using user-specified value in node_val_data and type
> casting it to specific type depending of node id?

What do you mean with 'scanner defined result'?

Regards Hartmut