From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-28 10:22:13

> Most of the boost libs compile, and even regex appears as though it's
> compiling... but when all is said and done, no binary library can be
> found in bin or bin-stage.
>
> During the compile, I do get a lot of messages like this:
>
> /usr/local/home/synic/downloads/boost-1.30.2/boost/regex/config.hpp:437:
> redefinition of `int isupper(int)'
> /usr/include/ctype.h:134: `int isupper(int)' previously defined here

Looks like you need to comment out the following in
boost/config/platform/bsd.hpp:

//
// The BSD <ctype.h> has macros only, no functions:
//
#define BOOST_NO_CTYPE_FUNCTIONS

If you're prepared to, can you:

a) Download a cvs development snapshot from www.boost-consulting.com

b) Build the latest bjam from this.

c) cd into boost-root/status and run:

    bjam test 2>&1 | tee regress.log

and let me have (by private email) the regress.log output file - that should
give me enough information to figure out what to change for the next
release.

Thanks,

John.