From: cyril.godart_at_[hidden]
Date: 2003-11-05 04:42:19

Hi,

It seems that you simply have not linked to the regex library. BTW,
I believe the name is "regex" and that "Regex++" was the name before John
Maddock ported his library to boost.
Regex is one of boost library that does not consist only of headers. It
needs an actual binary to link to. Which means you have to build it
yourself.
Have you gone through this stage ?
If not I suggest you do not go through Bjam for this one and instead go to
boost/libs/regex/build and run the VC7 make file there (vc7) inside the VC7
command
console. If memory serves,
it produces the complete set of static and dynamic libraries you need
whereas Bjam
does only part of it (or maybe I could not make it work properly).
Then in your settings in the link tab put the path to the library you want
to use (I believe
a pragma lib takes care of choosing the one compatible with the version of
the C library
you compile with).

Kind regards,

Cyril Godart.

Internet
eyebe97_at_[hidden]@lists.boost.org - 04/11/2003 20:42

Please respond to boost-users_at_[hidden]

Sent by: boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden]