From: Sam Partington (sam.partington_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-21 06:30:19

Peter Dimov <mailto:pdimov_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Sam Partington wrote:
>>
>> 4511 and 4512 are useless warnings. They are telling you that the
>> copy constructor and assignment operator are inaccessible. Even
>> though you're not trying to call them. [...]
>
>> C4127 is also awkward. As it gives warnings for some common idioms.
>> It refers to conditional expressions being constant.
>
> These warnings can be annoying, but they aren't useless. They do find
> bugs.

I agree that 4127 can help you find bugs. But I can't think of any
situation where 4511 or 4512 will help you find a bug. If you actually try
to call an inaccesible copy constructor or assignement operator, then the
compiler (correctly) fails to compile it.

Thats why I used the word "awkward" rather than "useless" for 4127.

I'll happily be proved wrong though.

Sam
******************
This e-mail has been sent from Imagination Technologies Limited. PowerVR, Metagence, Ensigma
and PURE Digital are divisions of Imagination Technologies Limited.

The information contained in this e-mail, including any attachment, is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s) and access to this e-mail by
anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or
distribution or use of the information contained in this e-mail, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and then
delete it from your system.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure, error or virus-free. The sender does
not accept liability for any errors or omissions which arise as a result.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the author, except where the author specifies and,
with authority, states them to be the views of Imagination Technologies Ltd.