From: Ronnie Lazar (ronnie_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-24 03:08:07

Hi,

   I'm trying to use lexical_cast<int>(std::wstring), on msvc6 with STLPort,
and I get compilation errors. The reason for them is that
DISABLE_WIDE_CHARS_SUPPORT is defined in the beginning of lexical_cast.hpp.
If I add a line to undef this, in the file, it compiles and works fine,
which leads me to belice that this define sould not really be defined.

  I searched a little more and found that it is defined because
BOOST_NO_INTRINSIC_WCHAR_T is defined. My understanding is that this define
specifies that the environment does not have wchar_t as a real type, but as
a typedef. Why should this interfere with lexical_cast?

 Any suggestions on how to work around this (apart from changing
lexical_cast.hpp source at my site?

  Thanks
 Ronnie Lazar