From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-03 07:43:51

> It seems almost impossible to build regex lib to Pocket PC platform.
>
> I am getting following errors:

[snipped]

> This error description
>
> "regexs.lib(src.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
> __cdecl boost::w32_regex_traits<unsigned short>::w32_regex_traits<unsigned
> short>(void)" (??0?$w32_regex_traits_at_G@boost@@QAA_at_XZ)"
>
> doesn't make much sense to me.

Nor me, the only time I've seen something like that is if you are building a
dll, but a symble declared dllexport is absent from any of the source
files - for example if a source file was missing from your project file.

> Others are not supported by Pocket PC 2003 SDK.Although unicode version of
> corresssponding API is supported.
>
> Please suggest any solution .

The only thing I can think of is to uncomment the line:

// #define BOOST_REGEX_NO_W32
In boost/regex/user.hpp

and disable the direct win32 support altogether (so it just calls the C
runtime API's instead).

John.