From: Scott Meyers (smeyers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-09 14:11:02

I'd like to play with boost::filesystem, and this turns out to be the
first boost library I've tried to use that requires that I build
something first. I downloaded bjam, and it appears that I have
successfully built filesystem libraries for the compilers I care about
(VC6, VC7.1, gcc, and como), because there is a subdirectory for each of
them under the libboost_filesystem.lib directory, and each subdirectory,
if you push down far enough, has .obj files under both debug and release.

But I can't get anything to link. I can get the sample filesystem app
(simple_ls.cpp) to compile cleanly under all compilers, but nothing will
link. It seems clear that I somehow need to tell the linker where to
find the appropriate filesystem libraries, but I'm not sure where to
point it. Help?

I'm running Windows 2000.

Thanks,

Scott