From: John Bustard (John.Bustard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-15 05:56:48

I can't seem to link with the filesystem lib when built with the following options:

rem Get environment right for compiler -- comment out after first run
rem "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin\VCVARS32.BAT"

rem Setup for Boost.Python

rem Setup for Boost 'toolset'

set STLPORT_PATH=C:\
set STLPORT_4.6_PATH=C:\STLport-4.6
set STLPORT_VERSION=4.6

bin.ntx86\bjam "-sTOOLS=msvc-stlport" "-sBUILD=<stlport-iostream>on"

the name mangled function that is exported is

?leaf_at_path@filesystem_at_boost@@QBE?AV?$basic_string_at_DU?$char_traits_at_D@std@@V?$allocator_at_D@2@@std@@XZ

but the function that msvc tries to link with is:

?leaf_at_path@filesystem_at_boost@@QBE?AV?$basic_string_at_DV?$char_traits_at_D@_STL@@V?
$allocator_at_D@2@@_STL@@XZ

Two things I've noticed that are a bit wierd are that the boost libs are put in stlport-4.5.3 directory even when built with the options directing it to 4.6.
Also stlport has an option to put itself in the std namespace but merely #defines std as _STL so I would have expected the exported function from the boost library to be _STL not std.

Any ideas,

thanks

John