From: Keith MacDonald (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-12 12:59:20

I know you're in a hurry, so I'll just comment on the documentation as I go,
rather than saving everything up until the end.

1. This is probably in the generator you're using for the HTML files: the
cursor behaves like it's over an active link, when it's over a heading.
This is due to lines like the following:

<h1><a class="toc-backref" href="#id6" name="new-style-iterators">New-Style
Iterators</a></h1>

It would be less confusing if the anchor tag was moved, like this:

<a class="toc-backref" href="#id6" name="new-style-iterators"></a>
<h1>New-Style Iterators</h1>

2. I like the changes to the paragraph "Iterator Facade and Adaptor" in
index.html. Using "type" instead of "iterator" was simple, but effective.

3. Have you considered adding a "road map" to index.html? Possibly like the
"Other Documents" links at the head of boost/libs/filesystem/doc/index.htm,
or like the "How to read this" section in the Boost.Signals documentation.
It would help the new reader judge how much time to allocate to reading the
documentation, and provide a handy starting point, if you get lost.

4. I got the updated documentation using CVS update, which broke my copy of
iterator_facade.hpp, because the CVS head copy contains this code:

    template <class Iterator, class Value, class Reference>
    struct operator_brackets_result
    {
        typedef typename mpl::if_<
<<<<<<< iterator_facade.hpp
            iterator_writability_disabled<Value,Reference>
          , Value
=======
            use_operator_brackets_proxy<Value,Reference>
          , Value
          , operator_brackets_proxy<Iterator>
>::type type;
    };