From: Aaron W. LaFramboise (aaronblue6_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-23 12:16:00

Hi,

Is there some easy way to disable all of the synchronization primatives
in Boost.Thread, or in other words, make them all no-ops? I have
written some generic code to be used in both singlethreaded and
multithreaded environments, and it would be convenient for me to simply
be able to 'switch off' synchronization when I know that I am in a
singlethreaded environment, without having to uglify my code with
ifdef's or similar. Simply disabling threads in Boost seems to cause
synchronization primatives to fail to compile at all.

Aaron