From: Shukla, Nitin (Export) (nitin.shukla_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-27 13:56:32

Hello,

I am trying to build an application where my Python/C interface dynamic
library (built using boost) is to call on function in another (windows) dll
file containing the C function. I am using the 'bjam' tool to build the my
Python/C interface (.pyd) file built it is giving me error. The C source
file (which calls the function in another dll and used by boost to build the
python/C interface ".pyd" files) gets compiled to generate the object file
but linker fails to built the respective ".lib" and ".pyd" files as it
doesn't get to link to the dll file defining a C function.

I am fairly new to using bjam tool and my jamfile is a simple one. It looks
like this:

# Specify our location in the boost project hierarchy
subproject libs/python/example/tutorial/nitin ;

# Include definitions needed for Python modules
import python ;

extension world # Declare a Python extension called
hello
: main.cpp # source
    <dll>../../../build/boost_python # dependencies
    ;

I do not know how can I specify bjam to compile and link with other dll for
build the ".pyd" and ".lib" file. Can anyone help me how can I specify this
in my jam file? It will be usefully for me if some one can tell where I can
get documentation on writing jam files.

I am using WinPython 2.3.2. I have built boost on Windows 2000 using MinGW
compilers.

Thanks in advance,
Nitin