From: Gregory, Matthew (matt.gregory_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-02 18:45:36

Forgive the likely simple question ...

I am using boost-1.30.2 regex library in a C++ console app and have been
using VC7 to debug memory leaks through the _CrtDumpMemoryLeaks() function.
It reports numerous memory leaks on the first time I use a boost::regex
object, albeit relatively small leaks. For example, if I use

boost::regex statsRe("^\\s+8\\s+ENVI\\s+AX4.*")

there are a number of memory leaks from memory allocated in the
boost::re_detail::w32_traits_base::do_init() block.

I am wondering if I am doing something wrong in that no destructor gets
called for these objects or if small memory leaks are to be expected when
using these objects.

Thanks, matt