From: Dernoncourt, Wayne CTR NAVAIR 3184, ,10 (wayne.dernoncourt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-04 12:16:45

For a number of reasons we don't have MS Visual Studio installed on the C: drive. We also have another SDK installed that uses part of Rogue Wave. Both libraries try to define min, max and a reverse iterator (there are items, those are the ones we've come across in an afternoon of experimentation). As I understand things, the ./configure script will look for conflicts with other libraries and try to work around them.

The ./configure script is a bourne shell script, but there is no obvious way of running that script in Windows. One approach I thought of was to install cygwin to run the script, but that would have to invoke the MS C++ compiler (invoking a Windows based tool from inside of a Linux like environment), I'm not sure that would actually work. Are there alternatives that need to be explored? Would the cygwin approach actually work? (we are currently using MS Visual Studio 6 because of requirement of the other SDK)