From: Scott Lamb (slamb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-08 20:12:45

On Feb 7, 2004, at 6:11 AM, Roland wrote:
> Thread cancellation is a complicated topic and is not yet covered
> by boost thread. That does not mean, you cannot use it. You should
> try to design your application in a way that can do without
> cancellation
> support. Some even think foreign cancellation of threads is bad
> design.

Not only is it not supported by boost, POSIX thread cancellation
_does_not_work_ on any available platform.

<http://www.slamb.org/svn/repos/projects/cancellation_tests/>

Eight different platforms, and none of them have acceptable
cancellation behavior for C++ code or for interacting with signals.
It's possible (likely) I've messed up some of my tests, but not all.
And I tested the latest version of all these platforms; older versions
are even worse.

Good luck.

Scott