From: Christopher Currie (christopher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-10 11:52:13

King, William D wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been wondering if anyone else is trying to build boost on Solaris with
> recent sunpro compilers. In 1.31.0, the
> config files warn if you use any version later than 5.3,
> while the regression tests are running on 5.4, and Sun's
> latest release is 5.5.

A patch was posted for 5.4 a while back, but it must not have been
committed before the release, and I haven't had a change to debug it
fully. No one with access to a 5.5 compiler has taken the time to
provide feedback and patches (hint, hint ;-) )

> The main fixes I have found so far is that for 5.5 and 5.4,
> BOOST_NO_LIST_SORT and BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATE_FRIENDS need to be defined.

Can you point up which tests lead you to this conclusion?

Sun is supposed to be releasing an Early Access version of their next
compiler in the near future; I'll be focusing regressions and bugfixes
on that version once it's available.

Christopher