From: Scott Field (sfield_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-18 05:48:24

Abhishek Parajuli wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> First of all, I’ve been trying to learn Boost Library usage and I’m very
> new to this topic!!!!!
>
> Now a simple question: In the book “The Boost Graph Library,”
> TimePropertyMap has been used to keep track of the discovery time for
> each vertex (p116, Backtracking Graph Search). I fail to understand how
> this property map should be defined. Could anybody please explain to me
> what exactly is a property map and how it should be defined in this
> particular case? Thanks in advance.
>
> Abhi

Abhishek,
I am working through this book too.
Carefully read section 1.2.2 Property Maps starting page 6.
Then read page 63 bottom half. This is a *critical* point.
Then read page 53 bottom half. Yes, read page 63 *before* 53.
You have to read the beginning of this book very thoroughly it is very
complex. You can't just jump in in the middle.
Hope that helps!
Scott