From: Hermann Oliveira Rodrigues (hermann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-18 23:24:12

Hi,

Recently we have decided to use the Boost Test libraries to provide automated
tests to our project. To help with the test result visualization, we created
an utility to generate HTML pages from Boost test reports (as generated by --
report_level=detailed). In the begining of implementation, the amount of
tests was small and we could just cut-and-paste the test report to a file
used as the input of out in-house HTML generator. Now, the amount of tests
increased and cutting-and-pasting the report become a pain.

So the question: How can we send the test report to a separated file? We used

unit_test_log::instance().set_log_stream( stream )

in the definition of

test_suite* init_unit_test_suite( int argc, char* argv[] )

to redirect the test log and it worked fine. However,

unit_test_result::instance().detailed_report( stream )

can not be used in the same way. We can not simply redirect the test output
to a file (using ">") because our application prints lots of information
during execution and is pretty hard to change this behaviour.

Thanks in advance.