From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-26 08:08:58

> I am trying to incorporate the boost::regex into an ATL project that I
> am working on. Everything seems to work well until I try to use the
> regex_replace function. When I compile I get the following error:
>
> =====
> Creating library Debug/yetan.lib and object Debug/yetan.exp
> test.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl
> boost::throw_exception(class exception const &)"
> (?throw_exception_at_boost@@YAXABVexception@@@Z)
> Debug/yetan.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
> Error executing link.exe.
> ======
>
> I have created Non-ATL projects and everything seems to work fine. Any
> guidance or suggestions would be appreciated.

You will see that if you have disabled exception handling in your project:
in that case the lib doesn't know what to do when it needs to throw - so you
need to provide your own error handler - see
boost/detail/throw_exception.hpp for the signature - or turn on compiler
exception support if you hadn't realised it was off :-)

John.