From: Matt Calabrese (mcalabre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-13 19:28:09

A couple of days ago I started work on a library where I need a way to
represent rational numbers and fixed point precision numbers at compile
time, so I started creating a compile-time rational number type following
the style of integral_c in boost::mpl. After completing most operations, I
notices that in the mpl/math directory there were already the beginnings of
rational_c and fixed_c types, however, they are far from complete (in
rational_c there are just two static constants for numerator and denominator
and a self typedef, with no specialized operations). Are these types still
in development or are they abandoned? I'd like to continue my project using
mpl::rational_c and mpl::fixed_c as I need to make them work with the mpl
integral constants anyways.

So is development on these templates halted, meaning I should just go ahead
and finish my types, or are the types coming soon enough so I just should
just hold off and wait for the cavalry to arrive?