From: Ulf Johansson (programdesign_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-15 06:21:59

I've downloaded Boost 1.31.0 and tried to build it using the standard bjam procedure from the getting started document. I have WinXP/Home and the standard edition of VC7.1 (.NET 2003). I've tried both the vc7.1 and the vc7.1-stlport toolsets. In both cases the following libraries are generated:

boost_date_time
boost_filesystem
boost_signals
boost_thread
libbost_date_time
libbost_prg_exec_monitor
libbost_regex
libbost_signals
libbost_test_exec_monitor
libbost_unit_test_framework

During the build process I get compiler warnings because the standard version of VC won't do advanced optimizations, but otherwise there seems to be no problem. Bjam stops after having generated the above libraries. Shouldn't there be more? What's the difference between those starting with boost and those starting with libboost? Do I have to somehow generate the remaining libraries separately?

Thanks!