From: Ben Hutchings (ben.hutchings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-16 11:31:48

raja <raja_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am getting the following error. I see that it is trying to link to
> the static library, but I still get this error.

It's not trying to link to the static library - you are.

> Would appreciate if someone can correct my usage.
> Linking to lib file: lib"boost_thread"-vc71-mt-sgd-1_31.lib
>
> c:\Boost\include\boost-1_31\boost\config\auto_link.hpp(269) :
> fatal error
> C1189: #error : "Mixing a dll boost library with a static runtime is a
> really bad idea..."
<snip>

In your project's properties, under C/C++ > Code Generation, set the
Runtime Library to be "Multi-threaded DLL" in the release configuration
and "Multi-threaded Debug DLL" in the debug configuration. If you are
not using the Visual Studio IDE then use the /MD and /MDd compiler
switches respectively.