From: James Mastro (jmastro_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-18 01:45:25

Hello all,

I'm trying to use Boost Python on Mac OS X 10.3. I'm following along
with what is at
http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/tutorial/doc/
building_hello_world.html. After using bjam like this:

bjam -sTOOLS=darwin

the following are built:

libboost_python.dylib
hello.so

This seems to be correct. I'm not totally sure where they are supposed
to go, so I put them in next to Python in the Python framework so
Python could find them to import. It found them, but an "import hello"
in Python resulted in:

ImportError: Failure linking new module:
../../../../bin/boost/libs/python/build/libboost_python.dylib/darwin/
debug/shared-linkable-true/libboost_python.dylib: dyld:
/Applications/MacPython-2.3/PythonIDE.app/Contents/MacOS/PythonIDE
can't open library:
../../../../bin/boost/libs/python/build/libboost_python.dylib/darwin/
debug/shared-linkable-true/libboost_python.dylib (No such file or
directory, errno = 2)

Before putting the 2 libs in, "import hello" found nothing. So I assume
Python is finding the hello module now, but not liking it. Can anyone
show me where I've gone wrong? Many thanks.

-jim